Mooney Mooney Creek - 7 February 2017

Scroll down

Photos by Harry and Bob

Close Window
Bob's photos first - Our launch site is rubbish!

Lawrie and John paddle in the mud.

This is why we couldn't get to the good beach

It was interesting though

Barges belong in the water

So do kayaks. Brian watches the activity

John's happy now

Kee, Brian and Danny in the middle of the Hawkesbury

Excellent little kayak, Doug!

Last time we came under this bridge, it was being renovated.

Kee chats to Mark and Fred next to the Fire Boat(?)

John and Annie, solid gold.

Dennis and Danny paddle past interesting houses

Into the beautiful Brisbane Water National Park

Wild and wonderful! (Not Doug!)

Danny amongst his favorite trees, angophora deliziosa

Dennis in the very wide creek

Beautiful decrepit sandstone

Brian in paradise

Rugged park

Harry's photos now - where's the water?

Keefatt prepares for his muddy journey

Bob mussels his boat to the water

Danny's happy in the water

Mark and Fred near the boat ramp

Straight up to the former HMAS Parramatta, with Bill and Chris.
HMAS Parramatta, named after the Parramatta River, was a River-class torpedo-boat destroyer of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). Ordered in 1909 for the Commonwealth Naval Forces (the predecessor of the RAN), Parramatta was the first ship launched for the Australian navy. Temporarily commissioned into the Royal Navy for the delivery voyage to Australia, the destroyer came under Australian naval control in 1910, and on 1 March 1911 was recommissioned into the RAN, shortly before the latter's creation.
From 1914 to 1917, Parramatta was involved in wartime patrols in the Pacific and South East Asian regions, before she and her sister ships were transferred to the Mediterranean for anti-submarine operations. She returned to Australia in 1919, and was placed in reserve. Apart from a brief period of full commission during the visit of the Prince of Wales, Parramatta remained in reserve commission until 1928. She was fully decommissioned in 1928, stripped of parts, and sold for use as prisoner accommodation on the Hawkesbury River. After changing hands several times, the hull ran aground during gale conditions in 1933, and was left to rust. In 1973, the bow and stern sections were salvaged, and converted into memorials. (Wikipedia)

Lawrie dwarfed by the remaining mid-section of the wreck

Some surface damage, I see

Sun-deck

Incongruous placement of wreck in beautiful bushland

Lori B in a quiet spot

Looks like a blur, but it's just the rock as is.

Plenty of oysters here!

Impossible painting subject, gnarly red tree, rock scrotum and big log

Close Window